Monday, March 30, 2009

Source of the Amazon River : Bigger, Better, and Longer!

Source of thSource of the Amazon Rivere Amazon River : Image of the Day

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wouldn't life be easier if we could rely on things not changing, just being static, same thing, day-in, day-out?

Sounds pretty lame if you ask me. However, textbook publishers would probably love it. Maybe not; that is after all how they make their money. Make a change, an edit, and now everyone has to by a new edition. Same thing with software. Want to write or read new file types, well, buy version 10 because is has all new enhancements we didn't include in version 9 because we need a reason for you to buy version 10! And version 11 will be out in 6 months!

And now we have Brazilian team that has put to bed the question of which river is better, I mean bigger, I mean longer, as obviously the Amazon River has suffered from inadequacy issues stemming from the Nile River being longer ...

Well, now the Amazon is not only the largest river system in the world, but also the longest river system in the world. Sorry, Nile :( I think the Nile is a more confident river system, though, and doesn't need its ego stroked as much.

I think the Nile is feminine, anyway. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

No comments: